Give turkey the boot and enjoy a Liberty Farms organic roast duck this year!
Available for pick up Tuesday 11/24 and Wednesday 11/25!
Your Liberty Farms whole duck comes raw and ready to roast at home. The bird is air dried for 10 days and prepared with the traditional Peking method for extra crispy skin. It comes with instructions, pancakes, garnishes (scallion ribbons, cucumbers and cilantro), peanut hoisin, duck jus, mouth watering sauce and two of our Zong Zi (savory sticky rice). Delicious!
Mister Jiu’s Roast Duck Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 375* (350* if you have a convection oven) and temper the duck by taking the duck out of the refrigerator to come to room temperature (preferably at least 1 hour before roasting)
Place the duck on a rack on a baking sheet and place in the center of the preheated oven for 8 mins. If you like your duck cooked beyond medium (which we describe as being pink but not raw) then add 5mins to this stage of cooking.
- Rotate the duck 180 degrees and roast for another 8mins.
- When the time expires, take the duck out of the oven and turn the oven to 450* (425* if you have a convection oven).
- Return the duck to the oven and roast for 6-8mins until the duck is fully caramelized from roasting.
- Take out of the oven and let it rest on a cutting board for 10mins.
- While the duck is resting, arrange the garnishes in small bowls and prepare the pancakes (steam in a bamboo basket 3 minutes) or microwave (30 seconds) until they are warm and ready for the duck.
- Carve the roasted duck and Happy Thanksgiving!